All property photos
3D Virtual Tour
- Two-story house-like condo with approximately 2,220 square feet of space
- Open concept, entertainment style layout with direct access to private patio and lush shared garden
- Main level boasts two huge bedrooms, including primary bedroom with en-suite bath and walk-in closet, a second full bathroom, and a cozy home office
- Custom spiral staircase connects large lower level, featuring a family/flex room, additional bedroom/office, third bathroom, and ample storage areas
- One-car parking in secured garage; owned solar system on roof, and extensive building renovations/retrofitting as of 2007
- Chef’s kitchen with stainless appliances, including 4-burner gas range by Bosch
- Bay windows, recessed lights, hardwood floors, and new LG laundry appliances
- Fully wired for CATe and coax, perfect for smart home functionality
- Located in heart of NOPA on newly designated “slow street”; easy walk to Alamo Square and Panhandle/Golden Gate Park
Welcome to 1868 Golden Gate! This stellar two-story house-like condo is located in the heart of NOPA on a newly designated “slow street”, designed to limit through-traffic and be more welcoming for people who want to travel by bicycle, foot, wheelchair, or other forms of micromobility. Offering a whopping ~2,220 square feet plus tons of outdoor space, this home checks all your boxes and then some!
The condo is part of a well-maintained 3-unit building situated on a massive 137’ deep lot. 1868 is the lower unit that opens directly to the garden for easy access and everyday use. The entire building was renovated between 2004-2007 (*see below for details), and boasts an exhaustive list of modern-day amenities, all while fitting in beautifully with the historic surroundings.
The main level of the home provides two huge bedrooms, one of which has an en-suite bath and walk-in closet, home office, and open-concept entertainment area at the back overlooking the tranquil garden. Natural light pours in through huge bay windows and a mixture of recessed lights and new pendants illuminate the handsome interior spaces.
Located at the rear for maximum privacy, the open entertainment space is the perfect place to host dinner parties, watch movies, read by the fireplace, or relax after a long day. Chefs will appreciate the renovated kitchen, which features stainless appliances including a 4-burner gas range by Bosch with hood ventilation, stainless Maytag refrigerator, Bosch dishwasher, sink with disposal, and stone counters. The entire entertainment space overlooks the garden and enjoys easy access through a set of French doors.
Out back, there is a private patio plus a lovely garden (shared with the other two units) behind a gate – complete with grass terrace, fragrant flowers, and privacy fence.
Other features of the main level include a home office – perfect for work-from-home! There is a laundry closet on the main hallway with LG appliances, and the bathrooms have been tastefully outfitted. The primary bath boasts a rain shower, tiled floor, beautiful granite-topped vanity, and plenty of linen storage.
The lower level of the home features a huge family/media room, full bath, bonus room, and a huge storage area. A second front door leads straight into the lower level for convenience, and another hall leads to the back yard.
Gorgeous oak hardwoods run throughout the main level and the lower level is carpeted for warmth and coziness. A custom spiral staircase integrates the two levels, and the floorplan is extremely versatile. 1-car parking is included in the secured garage, and the home’s handsome color palette was just commissioned by a professional designer. The home has a modern forced-air heating system with Nest controller. The home also is tied into the solar system on the building’s roof!
1868 Golden Gate lives like a single-family home and awaits a very lucky new owner who is ready to take advantage of the fabulous location and modern amenities!
*The following items were included as part of the 2004-2007 renovation:
- New building façade
- New sewer line
- New furnace & electrical systems
- New bathrooms
- New kitchens and appliances
- New garage and basement level for building with steel moment framing
- Seismic retrofitting on a new concrete foundation
- 40 solar panels on the roof individually servicing all 3 condos and common areas
The North of Panhandle area, or NOPA, is rapidly becoming one of the city's most in-demand neighborhoods. Situated just north of Golden Gate Park's Panhandle, and abutted by the Divisadero corridor, you'll always feel there's something to do, and within walking distance!
Here you'll feel central to everything, with easy freeway access via Fell and Oak streets, several Muni lines at your doorstep, and very easily navigable bicycle routes. And yet, the nearby green spaces imbue the entire area with a low key, peaceful air. Services and entertainment are easily accessed, making car-free living a very appealing lifestyle choice.
In addition to Divisadero's many trendy cafes, clubs and shops, you can do your grocery shopping at the Lucky Center on Fulton, and hit up Broderick Place for specialty deli goods.
Homes in NOPA are exceptionally desirable, as the area is proximate to Golden Gate Park, the Panhandle, and Alamo Square. It's a great spot to bike, shoot hoops or just chill out by the bandstand. Young professionals and students, families, and long-time residents fill up NOPA's many Victorian and Edwardian single-family homes.
There are plenty of opportunities to meet your neighbors, be it at Sunday's Divisadero Farmer's Market or the bi-monthly Divisadero Art Walk. The North of Panhandle Neighborhood Association does a wonderful job of organizing events and keeping everyone informed of neighborhood news. The neighborhood even has its own parents' group!